Hi, everyone! I read Denise’s blog post responding to the Christmas Beauty Questions Tag, and she invited everyone who read her blog post to do this questionnaire too. I love reading Denise’s beauty reviews, and she also has really cool photo diaries. My family doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but I’ve always enjoyed giving holiday presents to close friends. Christmas doesn’t feel like a special day to me; it’s no different than any other “normal” day. To be honest, winter is my least favorite season (because I hate the cold), so I am not fond of December but I try my best to stay positive! And giving winter holiday gifts to others is definitely a great way to add some positivity to the shivering cold weeks.
Without further ado, here are my answers to the Christmas Beauty Questions Tag!
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
I have been naughty… Very naughty. I really should take better care of my skin, but I’m always stressed and busy during academic semesters, which spurs on skincare laziness due to lack of free time. Although skincare should be a priority… But nope! And even during the summer, I didn’t take very good care of my skin since I had an internship and was busy. I am guilty of rushing through washing my face at night… and not removing makeup properly. I also rub at my skin roughly when I apply face cream; my mom scolds me every time I’m home and I do this because she says it looks painful. On a “nice” note, I always apply face cream at night and I use acne spot gel when I have breakouts (which happen a lot due to stress).
2. What’s the go-to beauty, makeup or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends?
It depends on who I’m gifting to and what they like! For some friends, perfumes would be the perfect gift because they love fragrances. For others, lipstick would be a better choice. My mom doesn’t wear makeup, so if I were to choose a gift for her, it would be a skincare item such as a cream or cleanser.
3. Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drug store products to others?
I have gifted both high-end products and drug store products to others in the past. I think real friends would appreciate the gift regardless of the price or where it’s from; it’s the thought that counts!
4. What are the beauty products you’re hoping to get to see under your Christmas tree this year?
I don’t have a Christmas tree and my family doesn’t celebrate Christmas… So I am not exactly “hoping to see something” unless it’s something I buy for myself (and I really want to try more sheet masks and eyebrow pencils). However, my friend Terry got me a gift and made me promise not to open it until Christmas day. And she heavily implied that it was a beauty item… (This is the same Terry who got me my first Korean eyeliner! Read my review here.)
5. What is the beauty product that you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year?
Not dreading anything. And as previously mentioned, I don’t celebrate Christmas.
6. Are you are beauty blogger participating in Blogmas this year? If so what is the post you’re most proud of so far?
Nope! I actually had no idea what Blogmas was until Denise explained it to me. Maybe I can participate someday!
7. Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas present? What was it and did you enjoy it?
I am not sure if I have ever received a beauty product as a Christmas present… But WishTrend sponsored a Klairs skincare set around Christmas time, so if that counts as a present, I definitely enjoyed it! It was fun writing the review and I’m still not done using all the products.
8. What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer?
Lipsticks and eyeliners are lovely small items that would fit nicely into stockings! Small eyeshadow quads would also be really cute.
9. Would you rather you friends and family ask you gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you?
I don’t mind either way. I honestly feel awkward when people ask me what kinds of gifts I want since I don’t want to ask for things that will inconvenience my friends and family. It’s the thought that counts, so I appreciate any gift, as long as the gift has good intentions.
10. What is your favourite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
My favorite color is red, so Christmastime is yet another excuse for me to wear lots of red! I haven’t tried to pull off a Christmas fashion look yet, but I did attend an Ugly Sweater Cosplay Meet recently and designed a really silly ugly Christmas sweater. Before this year ends, I hope to wear a Christmas-y Lolita coordinate! In 2013, Terry invited me to go with her on a winter Lolita adventure on Christmas Eve. My Lolita coordinate wasn’t exactly Christmas-y… but it was red!
Anyone who would like to do this: YOU’RE TAGGED! ^_^
Here’s the list of questions in case you want to copy and paste them onto your blog:
10 Christmas Beauty Questions Tag
- Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
- What’s the go-to beauty, makeup or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends?
- Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drug store products to others?
- What are the beauty products you’re hoping to get to see under your Christmas tree this year?
- What is the beauty product that you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year?
- Are you are beauty blogger participating in Blogmas this year? If so what is the post you’re most proud of so far?
- Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas present? What was it and did you enjoy it?
- What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer?
- Would you rather you friends and family ask you gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you?
- What is your favourite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
~Connect with me~
❥❧ Facebook: Cosplay and Fashion
❥❧ Instagram: PearlPeony
❥❧ Tumblr: Personal and Fashion
❥❧ Twitter: TreizeMacarons
❥❧ Youtube: Alice in Lolitaland
❥❧ Vine: Xiao
❥❧ WorldCosplay: Xiao
❥❧ Ask.FM: AskPeony
❀ For sponsor inquiries, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org ❀