So for today’s post, I’m going to share both the Summer Box and the Fall Box from FabFitFun! Never had the chance to write up my post about the Summer Box, so might as well do a two-for-one post now that it’s Fall.
First up: the Summer Box!
As usual, the FabFitFun box came with a magazine that I enjoyed reading. Once I lifted up the magazine, I could catch a glimpse of some of the goodies inside (and of course the paper fillers covered up some other items for extra surprises).
The best value in this box is probably the Michael Kors passport case/wallet. The only item I’ve used so far is the LashesMD product, although I didn’t notice any difference in my lashes. I am excited to try the other skincare products in this box! And the Toms sunglasses are cute too.
If you got a Summer FabFitFun box, I’d love to hear what you snagged!
And now, onto the Fall Box…
The Fall box included a great magazine as usual! There was a glitch in the system that didn’t let me to choose the items, but customer service was fantastic and allowed me to let them know which items I wanted and they manually set it up for me. I was able to get the customizations I wanted!
In addition to my chosen customizations, I got some awesome surprises! The Glow milk packaging is so cute and I can’t wait to try that product.
The item in the box that I believe is the best value is the Botkier tote bag.
This versatile tote bag is super roomy and light! I haven’t used it yet, but I can’t wait to use it in the future. The handles are the flat kind, which I love because they’re more comfortable to use, resting on your arm or on your shoulder. The full zip top is perfect too!
What did you get in your Fall Box? I’d love to hear about it!
Have you guys heard of Lychee the Label? This brand was launched in 2019 and features Asian streetwear. Many of their styles are inspired by K-Pop! I really love the punky and edgy clothes that they have.
Another plus is their adorable logo…! I love lychees! Read on to see my review of my first haul from them.
Everything was shipped quickly, and the packaging was on point. Each clothing item was tagged and packaged in a zippered bag. I appreciated that the chains came separately, each in its own ziploc style baggie. That way, there were no damages during shipping.
The first item is the Anise Chain Detail Bustier Crop Top! This is a super edgy yet cute top in a sexy bustier style. I really love the square neckline and the puffed sleeves! I rate this item ★★★★★!
The second item I got was the Tiramisu Chain Detail Skirt. This skirt is super punk and is complete with a slit on the side, grommets, zippers, buckles, and a detachable chain! This works really well for punk and goth looks as well as edgy K-Pop inspired looks. It’s really comfortable and high-quality too! I rate this item ★★★★★!
The last item I got was the Latte Adjustable Side Slit Plaid Skirt. This is very similar to a skirt I got from YesStyle: the Cutout-Side Pleated A-Line Skort that I reviewed here. However, this Lychee the Label one is superior quality. The fabric is thick and high quality, and the buckle is easy to use and feels very sturdy. It’s also accurately listed as a skirt/over-skirt, so no misunderstandings about what the product is. If you want to style it with other items, Lychee the Label has plenty of options you can style it with. I decided to style all three together for a fun look! I rate this item ★★★★★!
It’s a punky yet feminine look. I love it! Just wore it in quarantine, so haven’t worn it outside at all, but I’d love to wear this someday in the future to a convention, a photoshoot, or a concert. (Maybe for a future KCON…?!)
I give all the items a ★★★★★ rating! Everything is impeccable quality, and I highly recommend this brand to street fashion and alternative fashion lovers. The size chart is accurate as well; for reference, all items I got were size Medium and I chose this size by comparing my measurements to their size chart.
What do you think of these products? If you’ve shopped from Lychee the Label before, please let me know! I’d love to see your hauls too. ^_^
Hi everyone! It’s September now, but I’ve been super busy so I haven’t had the chance to write up my YesStyle Summer Haul until now. On top of any sales going on at the moment, use my code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order!
For my summer haul, I got a bunch of clothes and accessories … and YesStyle also sent me a beauty product to review. Read on to check it all out! Feel free to read about my past hauls too: My First Haul and My Spring Haul.
Let’s go over the accessories I purchased first! Then, I’ll move onto the clothing (and saving the beauty product for last.)
Alloy Heart Choker – ★★★★★ – Looks just like the photos online! Love this choker. I only wore it once, but it didn’t irritate my skin like some alloy necklaces (I have sensitive skin and tend to get rashes from alloy jewelry). Since it was so cheap (about $2), I took the risk and I’m glad I did! It’s really cute.
Heart Layered Faux Leather Garter in black – ★★★★★ – I was worried about the sizing because I didn’t want it to be too tight around my thigh, but this was super comfortable and stretchy! The faux leather is decent quality too, and I’m tempted to get another one in a different color…
Heart Choker in white – ★★★★☆ – This white heart choker is really cute! It has a snap button in the back and a few options to fit different neck circumferences. It’s comfy to wear, but the faux leather isn’t very high quality. After wearing it for the first time, there was some creases and peeling. It’s only about $3 though, so I can’t complain much. Stil rating this 4 stars!
Metal Heart Waist Chain – ★★★★★ – Love this heart waist chain! It’s so cute and would go great around both skirts and shorts (or even over a dress!). It matches the Alloy Heart Choker perfectly too. If you want a matching choker and waist chain, I highly recommend that you get both of these.
5. Asymmetric Short-Sleeve Plaid Cropped Blouse / A-Line Skirt– ★★★☆☆ – This set is soooo cute! If you want to buy both, make sure to select both items and add to your cart (it’ll show up like two different purchases). You need to add the blouse and the skirt to your cart separately. I got this set in Size M and the skirt fit (fully elastic waist, which I love!). The top has shirring in the back, but this was too big/too loose around my bust. I think this top will be better for someone who is bustier than me (alas, I’m very flat-chested…). Giving 3 stars since I wish it was easier to buy it as a set, and wish that the measurements were more accurate for the bust. I only tried this set on at home briefly and took some photos, but it’s like new! Feel free to purchase it from me here on Depop. 😉
6.Square Neck Puff Sleeve Blouse – ★★★★☆ – I haven’t worn this blouse yet, but it is very cute and fits well! I knocked off a star because the fabric is more thin than I expected (kind of see-through), and came with loose threads. It’s a beautiful red color though, and I look forward to wearing this blouse!
7. Sheer Short-Sleeve T-Shirt– ★★★★★ – Love this shirt! It’s high quality, and the photo does not do it justice. It has a beautiful shift in color and a metallic tint. It’s sheer mesh, but looks really cool with a funky bra under it. You can also style it with a camisole, or even wear it under something (like under a jumper!). There’s a lot you can do with this T-shirt.
8. Ruffled Camisole in pink– ★★★★★ – I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this camisole! It was so cheap that I was expecting the quality to be low, but it’s even nicer quality than the camisoles I got from H&M. It’s a comfy and stretchy ribbed texture, and I’m glad the straps are fine as well (if straps aren’t adjustable, I tend to have issues with the straps being too long due to my small shoulders).
9.Short-Sleeve Bustier Crop Top– ★★★★☆ – This is a super cute top, but it’s too big around the bust for me (even with a push-up bra). It would be better suited for someone bustier! The quality is not the best though, and I had to snip off a lot of loose threads.
10. Shirred Ruffled Cropped Camisole Top in red – ★★★★☆ – This is a really cute camisole top, and it has adjustable shoulder straps. However, the fabric was way shinier in person than I expected. In the photo above, I did not use flash. So you can imagine how bright/shiny it’ll look if flash photography is used! It’s still a beautiful camisole though. I’m just not sure I can wear it often.
11. Halter Top – ★★★★★ – I was really impressed with this halter top! I never had a halter top before, so this is my first one (unless you count halter swimsuits). This is a ribbed ivory/cream colored halter. It’s cropped but not too cropped, and you tie it around your neck. It’s super comfortable to wear and really flattering! The quality is great. From the product listing, you can also get the matching jeans, as seen here.
12. Lace-Up High-Waist Denim Shorts in dark blue – ★★★★☆ – Love these shorts! They’re so comfy and cute, and I love the lace-up details. I knocked off a star because they didn’t come pre-laced, and there were a lot of loose threads. Sizing was accurate and this fit comfortably! You can also tighten it / adjust the size a bit with the lacing (pull it tighter if you want it to be smaller). I am tempted to get another, but I’m not sure if I want one in black or one in light blue…
13.Cutout Shorts – ★★★★☆ – So in my Spring Haul, I got the Cutout-Side Pleated A-Line Skort, but this was not an accurate listing because it was just the overskirt and did not have shorts with it. I got these shorts to go with it, and they match perfectly even though it’s from another set! The quality isn’t the best, but it is cute and comfortable. The material is super stretchy. There’s a side zipper as well.
14. Plaid Pleated Mini Skirt in pink – ★★★★★ – I love this skirt so much! The material is thin and perfect for summer, and it’s actually a skort – it has built-in safety shorts! There’s a side zipper but the material is stretchy too. This skirt comes in different colors too, so if pink isn’t your style, you can choose another color!
16. Gingham Mini Skirt – ★★★★★ – I was really impressed with the quality of this skirt! It’s super stretchy and comfy, and looks very flattering. I love the gingham pattern and ruffle hem. It’s even better quality than the skirts I have from H&M and Forever21.
What are your favorite items from my haul? If you did a haul recently from YesStyle, I’d love to hear about what you got too! Remember: if you’re gonna shop there, be sure to use my code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order!
Good luck, everyone! Read on to see my review of this box.
There were soooo many cute stuff in July’s box! As usual, even the box itself is super cute. I love the neon pink print!
The box was lined with its cute signature tissue paper, and it was full of kawaii goodies.
The July 2020 Box’s theme is Sanrio Summer Splash. I love Sanrio characters, and I got lucky with this little haul. I adore the Little Twin Stars socks; I think these socks are my favorite surprise in this box! I haven’t tried the Gudetama or Hello Kitty treats yet but I will soon. I love trying new snacks and candies, and I’m pleased that there were two treats in this box. In my last box, I got one treat – and those soda chocolates were so delicious! I ate them all too quickly and want some more.
I also got 4 stationery items in this box – a roll of washi tape, a hamster pen, sticky notes, and a mini letterhead/envelope set! And last but not least, a cute Pompompurin mini plush zip pouch. I really loved this Sanrio-themed box, and would recommend Kawaii Box to all fans of kawaii culture. Even if you’re not too familiar with kawaii culture, you’d love this box if you enjoy cute and fun surprises. This box would also make a great gift for a friend or family member!
Which are your favorites from the box I got? If you got your own Kawaii Box, please share what you got too! I love seeing the variety of items in everyone’s boxes. And remember – click this link to enter and get chances to win your own free Kawaii Box!
Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. I received these products from Wishtrend in exchange for my honest reviews.
Do you remember my blog post where I first introduced these products? I’ve been using these products for about a month now, so I am ready to share my honest review of all 3 products from the I’m From Fig Line. If you’d like to shop at Wishtrend, be sure to use the code “LiLi15” for 15% off your purchase.
Here are the products in the new I’m From Fig line:
The first thing I noticed about the Fig Scrub Mask was it’s delightful fig scent! It smells just like the fig jam I use. It smells natural and relaxing. The container also comes with a plastic spatula.
The scrub has granule-like particles (reminds me of sugar scrubs!). It’s a gentle exfoliant, and when I applied it and gently scrubbed, my skin wasn’t irritated at all. Most scrubs irritate my skin, so I was pleasantly surprised that this scrub did not hurt my skin or cause any redness.
I’ve been using this scrub about once a week, and after I use the scrub, my skin feels fresh, clean, and rejuvenated.
The Fig Boosting Essence comes in a generously sized bottle (150 mL), and it has no scent that I could decipher. The texture is like water, and it feels light and absorbs quickly into the skin.
I apply this after my toner at night, and I apply this first thing in the morning.
The Fig Cleansing Balm has a smooth texture and melts into the skin easily. It removes all my face makeup easily (BB cream, highlighter, blush), and it removes my eyebrow product and lipstick well. It doesn’t remove my eyeliner completely, but it’s easy enough to use an eye makeup remover first and then use this cleansing balm on the rest of my face. It is gentle and feels moisturizing too! I haven’t worn makeup much in the last month, but when I do, I use this balm after I use my eye makeup remover.
The Fig Cleansing Balm comes with a plastic spatula, and one spatula scoop (pictured above) is enough to use to cleanse your whole face. After I use this cleansing balm, I hop in the shower and still use my foaming cleanser as the next cleansing step.
If you want to try these products from Wishtrend, be sure to use the code “LiLi15” for 15% off your purchase!
Have you ever heard of Kawaii Box? It’s a monthly subscription box that is full of curated kawaii goodies from Japan. They offer free shipping worldwide, and you can check out their past boxes on their website. Kawaii Box was kind enough to sponsor a box for me to review, and they are also sponsoring a giveaway! You can enter the giveaway here. ^_^
Read on for a written version of my box opening, including photos…
Even the box that Kawaii Box ships out is adorable! I love the adorable pink print.
Upon opening the box, I was pleased to find another adorable print on the interior, and everything is wrapped in cute tissue paper and comes with a little pamphlet explaining all the items in the box.
Soooo many cute pastel things! I love everything in this box.
The pamphlet with Kawaii Birthday Home Party has a list of all items included in the box and explains each one. I love this touch, especially because without the pamphlet, I wouldn’t have known what the box of soda candy was or that the purple candy-shaped thing wasn’t candy but was actually a highlighter.
I almost missed the pen, but found it at the bottom edge of the box and took another photo of the pen with the sakura washi tape! These are two of the kawaii stationery items included in the box (along with the highlighter and pencil sharpener/eraser set). I really love collecting stationery, so I’m excited to use these.
Have you ever tried the Kawaii Box? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Let me know in the comments. ^_^
Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. I received these products from Wishtrend in exchange for my honest reviews.
Hi everyone! I’m back with a summary of more products I received from Wishtrend. If you’d like to shop at Wishtrend, be sure to use the code “LiLi15” for 15% off your purchase.
The last Wishtrend review I wrote was for the Quad Active Boosting Essence, which I’m still using daily as the second step of my skincare, both mornings and nights. I’m about halfway through the bottle now, and will finish the bottle. Read on to see what I will be trying next…
I recently tried fig jam, and absolutely love it, so it seems fitting that I have a fig based skincare line to try next.
Check out the packaging for these products below:
I’m trying the products from the new fig line first, and will share my thoughts via reviews soon. If you’ve tried any of these products, let me know your thoughts in the comments! I’d also love to hear about your experiences with other products from these brands.
Happy Spring, everybody! In today’s blog post, we talk about my Spring haul from YesStyle! Remember my first YesStyle haul ever? I completely forgot to claim the free gift that time, but this time, I remembered! On top of any sales going on at the moment, use the code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order! ^_^
The free gift I got were these cute daisy stickers. You can also get them in various designs: different types of flowers, plants, and leaves. I can’t wait to use them to decorate letters and cards to my pen pals after the pandemic!
During this haul, I still got a lot of items in black since black is super easy to coordinate into outfits. My favorite color is red, so I also got a few things in red! And one pink top and one purple top to mix things up. Let’s move onto the reviews for each individual item:
Sheer Long-Sleeved Blouse + Camisole – ★★★★☆ – I got this in the Light Almond colorway in my first YesStyle haul, and I couldn’t resist getting it in black too. The quality is the same as the Light Almond one. Removed one star because I dislike the buttons in the back of the neck (they’re difficult to do and undo).
Tiered Sleeve Off-Shoulder Smocked Top – ★★★★☆ – Love this stylish top! The design is great and the sleeves don’t slip down or ride up. It is comfortable to wear too. I knocked off one star because the sleeves are really long. My arms are already long, so I rarely have this issue.
Gingham Ruched Waist Crop Top – ★★★★☆ – I love gingham! This slightly puff sleeved crop top is really cute. You can wear it off the shoulders, but the neckline will ride up if you lift your arms up. You can also wear it as a scoop neck top. There were a lot of loose threads on it when it came in, but they were easy to trim off.
Cutout-Side Pleated A-Line Skort – ★☆☆☆☆ – The name and description for this item are both incorrect. It is not a skort. It is not a skirt. It did not come with shorts or the leg belt. This is more like a buttcape or an over-layer accessory. You secure it around your waist with the buckle, but you cannot wear it on its own since there are no shorts. It’s a cute item, but I wish the name and description were accurate! If this was listed accurately, I would rate it 3 or 4 stars.
5. Plain Off Shoulder Cropped Long Sleeve Top – ★★★★☆ – I love this top! It’s so stylish and stretchy (comfy to wear). The neckline stays off the shoulders and the sleeves are the perfect length. It’s a very flattering top. There were loose threads I had to trim off, but honestly I don’t mind. I can’t wait to wear this outside after quarantine!
6. Elbow-Sleeve Boat Neck T-Shirt – ★★★★☆ – This is definitely a boat neck t-shirt as the title says. In the photos, it looks like an off-the-shoulder top, but it’s much too tight for me to wear it off-the-shoulder. The fabric is super soft and comfortable to wear.
7. Plaid Cami – ★★★★☆ – This cami is super cute! It’s a stretchy and comfy fabric, and the arm holes aren’t too wide (which is a common problem I have with tank tops). I almost didn’t grab this, but I’m so glad I did.
8. Bell-Sleeve Chiffon Top – ★★★★☆ – I love this top with flared sleeves! I’ve been looking for a top with dramatically flared sleeves are these are perfect. The way they are flared is great because it has the look, but is cut in a way where the sleeves won’t get into your food when you’re eating. I don’t see the point of the zipper in the back though; the neckline is wide enough for you to pull the top on and off without unzipping. The zipper doesn’t add any style to it, but no big deal since I can just ignore it.
9. Ruffle Trim Strappy Cami Cropped Top – ★★★★★ – Wow, wow! This cami is super cute. I was worried that size Small wouldn’t fit me, but it is so stretchy and comfy and fits perfectly. The straps are perfect too, and the arm holes aren’t too big. I really want to get this cami in white too.
What is your favorite item from this haul? I’ve been wearing some of these cute clothes to make Tiktoks and even though I can’t do a proper photoshoot, I self-shot myself wearing some cute outfits using the timer on my cell phone camera. There’s a May Flowers 80% off sale going on right now; use the code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order!
Right now, in celebration of Earth Day, YesStyle is giving away a free tote bag with purchase until April 26 — you can shop beauty here, and use the code “3PEARLS” for an additional discount off your order.
This was my first time trying a product from the K-Beauty brand Beauty of Joseon, and I decided to try the Revitalize Sleeping Mask. Technically, I am using a different sleeping mask daily, but I’ve been applying it as a night cream and not using it as a sleeping mask. Therefore, I have been using the Revitalize Sleeping Mask as an additional layer once in a while when my skin needs more moisture. I waited until I was done with the jar before writing this review.
The beautiful vintage-style packaging caught my eye first! I love the paper cover over the jar, but under the paper cover is an actual lid. It’s also made from sturdy plastic. I’ve accidentally dropped the jar a few times, and it never broke.
This is a sleeping mask, so it is meant to be applied as the last step of your skincare routine at night. This product is advertised as providing its users with brightening and anti-wrinkle benefits, and some ingredients include black soybean, ginseng and orchid extract.
From my experience, the texture is light, cool, and gel-like. It absorbs quickly into the skin, although it feels a bit sticky when first applied. I am not sure if it is fragrance-free, but it does not smell artificial. There is no definitive smell in my personal opinion, and it did not cause any skin irritation. It’s a great sleeping mask for added moisture, but I didn’t notice any brightening benefits.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. I received this product from Wishtrend in exchange for my honest review.
This is an essence that is advertised to have anti-inflammatory, anti-pollution, and anti-bacterial effects. It’s formulated with 3 Complex Ingredients (Morus Alba Bark Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, and Propolis. It also has supporting ingredients Black Tea and Honey to help moisturize the skin.
Here is how the item arrived:
The essence was generously bubble-wrapped for protection, and Wishtrend also included a cute set of Klairs postcards.
The Quad Active Boosting Essence box included instructions for use and an ingredient list in English. This essence is meant to be used after your toner but before your serum. I currently don’t use a serum, so I’m using this essence after my toner but before my moisturizer. My current skincare routine is toner, this essence, eye cream, moisturizer. Sometimes I’ll do a sleeping mask after my moisturizer if my skin is feeling dry, or a sheet mask after my toner for some relaxing self-care.
The container itself is simple and clean. I like that it’s a clear bottle: this makes it easy to see how much product is left. It’s glass, so be careful not to drop it.
Upon opening the bottle, I was pleased to see a seal. With a seal like this, you know that the product is brand new and has not been tampered with. The screw-top cap is also secure and easy to unscrew and screw back on.
The essence itself is super light and feels like water! It absorbs quickly into the skin, and doesn’t have any scent. I tried smelling it directly from the bottle: and nothing. This product would be suitable for sensitive skin, or for people who are sensitive to fragrance and prefer fragrance-free products. I’ve been using this product for over a week now, twice a day (morning and night) and I haven’t noticed any negative reactions. My skin feels moisturized and comfortable, and I look forward to continuing to use this essence. I have an ampoule I want to try, and I may add that ampoule in after this essence.