I think it’s fine to tag Loliita Blog Carnival as “LBC” again in the blog post titles, right? I’ve been participating in Lolita Blog Carnival more regularly lately!
This week’s prompt is “Top Tips For Managing Your Wardrobe.” To be honest, I need to implement a better way to manage my wardrobe, but it’s really tough when you’re living in a tiny (and cockroach-infested) NYC apartment. The closet I have has a broken door (it’s off the hinges and doesn’t close properly), so I try not to hang any of my lolita dresses in there. I store my lolita clothing mostly in a suitcase, and I also have a plastic container where I store more clothing item that does not fit in my storage suitcase. As for lolita accessories, I clean and recycle containers for hair accessories and jewelry (moon box tins for hair corsages and bows, laptop box for headbows, etc.), or hat boxes for hats and bonnets.
I’ll summarize 5 tips for managing your wardrobe:
- Organize by item. Blouses? Put them all in the same container, or put them next to each other in the closet. Socks? Keep them in the same place for easy access.
- Get more specific and stay organized. You can organize by color or style. For example, I put all my gothic hair accessories together in the same tin, and all my sweet and deco rings together in the same box. You can also organize legwear by ankle socks, knee-high or over-the-knee socks, and tights/leggings. If you wear certain items more than others, put them in a more easily accessible place so you’re not digging through too much to find things you wear regularly.
- Designate a spot for loliable items or items that you also use for other styles. I have a duffel bag where I store my punk items, and another bag where I store my gyaru items. I also use some of these items for lolita coords, but I keep them separate since my biggest collection of alternative fashion is lolita, and it’s easier to keep those items separate. And when I’m planning coords and want to incorporate punk or gyaru, it’s easy for me to find what I need in these spaces.
- Keep inventory. I know a lot of Lolitas who make a yearly wardrobe post, or have an album where they keep photos of all their items. I haven’t done either of these yet, but I do have a written list of items I keep track of. This is a great way to hold yourself accountable to what items you have and if you want to sell items, you can also refer to this list. During the beginning of my time in the fashion, I wasn’t good about keeping a list and I regret this since it was difficult for me to backtrack and add items to the list. I currently only keep track of main pieces, but it would also be helpful to keep track of accessories.
- Separate items you are selling from the rest. If you have items for sale, separate them from the rest of your wardrobe so you can organize what you’re selling and easily find them when you need to ship them out.
Check out the other blog posts for the Lolita Blog Carnival!
Roli’s Ramblings // The Bloody Tea Party
❥❧ Shop my Closet on Depop
❥❧ Facebook: Cosplay and Fashion
❥❧ Instagram: PearlPeony and AliceinLolitaland
❥❧ Tumblr: Personal and Fashion
❥❧ Twitter: TreizeMacarons
❥❧ Youtube: Alice in Lolitaland
❥❧ WorldCosplay: Xiao
❀ For sponsor inquiries, please contact me at: email@example.com ❀