Have you ever heard of Rebag? Rebag is the ultimate destination for luxury bags and accessories, fully vetted and white-glove inspected. They offer a curated selection of top luxury designer brands including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermès, and more at high discounts compared to retail prices. All of their items are vetted for quality and authenticity.
❤ Use code “ESSENTIALS” for 15% off your purchase at Rebag until April 20, 2022!
Here are some recommended items that are great investment pieces:
There are so many more finds at Rebag too! If you shop today and tomorrow, be sure to use the coupon code “ESSENTIALS” for a 15% discount off your purchase. Stay tuned for my first Rebag unboxing in the future…
This week’s prompt is “5 Surprise Finds That You Didn’t Realize You Would Enjoy So Much!”
I’m sure everyone has encountered surprise finds, whether it was an impulse buy, a gift from a friend, or something you saw and unexpectedly felt a pull toward it, even though you normally wouldn’t gravitate toward something like that.
1) This JSK was truly a surprise for me, because I got it from a lucky pack and had no idea what I was going to get (other than it being from the Alice and the Pirates brand). The name of the JSK is Starlit Sky Tent and the Secret Circus Troupe JSK I, in the blue colorway. I was hoping for something in red or bordeaux, so at first, I was disappointed when I saw the color. But I grew to love it’s unique print and beautiful design, and I’ve worn this dress often!
2) These Wolky red Mary Jane shoes were a surprise find in a small locally-owned shoe store near my college campus. They were on clearance sale, so I got a good deal on them, and at first, I wasn’t sure if they’d truly be comfortable since they have heels. But I’ve worn these walking, dancing, etc. and they’re really comfortable and well-made shoes! I love Lolita tea party shoes, but unfortunately, they’re not really made for walking and aren’t comfortable. As someone with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and flat feet, I also need arch supports. And these shoes have built-in arch supports! Even without my custom orthotics, they are comfortable. Sneakers are more comfortable though, but I rarely wear sneakers with Lolita fashion. I’ve worn these Wolky shoes with almost all of my red colorway coords.
3) These black Bodyline wristcuffs were a surprise find, and honestly I wasn’t expecting much… but they’re so cute and I’ve worn them for so many coords! They’re really versatile and work well for both gothic and sweet (bittersweet) coordinates. They’ve also held up well; the elastic hasn’t become over-stretched.
4) These vintage French crochet gloves were totally a surprise find from a Parisian flea market. They were damaged though and I’m scared to wear them much because they’re quite fragile. But I enjoy them so much, even if it’s just gazing at them. I store them in a clear ziploc bag, and they are stored in a container in a very visible place in my room, so even though I’ve had them for years, I still like to look at them. Occasionally, I’ll wear them out with coords!
5) This goldtone ring with an ivory rose was something I found years ago in Forever21. When I first got it, I wasn’t too into it, but as I built my Lolita fashion wardrobe, I found myself wearing it more and more often. It’s very easy to match with various colors, and it fits comfortably on my middle finger. It’s a versatile ring that will look great with non-Lolita coordinates too. And it’s sturdy! Many of my rings have broken if I drop them, or they get scratched and discolored, but this ring still loks practically new.
I’m so excited to share my first haul from YesStyle! I’ve checked out this site before but was wary of purchasing from it because there were so many items and I wasn’t even sure where to start. I finally decided to jump in during their spring sale and get a bunch of things at great deals. They offer free shipping if you spend $35 or more (and I hate paying for shipping, so free shipping is something I always look out for). Everyday, they also have Free Gifts you can claim. I totally forgot to claim a free gift during this haul, so I have to claim one next time.
On top of any sales going on at the moment, use the code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order! ^_^
Now, let’s take a look at my haul:
In my day-to-day life, I wear a lot of black… so of course, most of my new wardrobe additions are black too. I just find this color so easy to match! I got four tops in black during this haul.
Short-Sleeve Mock-Neck Knit Top – ★★★☆☆ – This top isn’t the best quality (feels cheaply made, and there were lots of loose threads), but it was less than $10 so I can’t complain. It’s a stretchy fabric and the zipper is fully functional. The size chart was accurate.
Heart Cutout Short-Sleeved T-Shirt – ★★★★☆ – I was worried about sizing for this item, but a size Medium fit me perfectly! The T-shirt’s cotton material was super soft, and the sheer heart cutout inset was surprisingly smooth. The inset wasn’t itchy like I thought it would be. I found this shirt to be higher quality than the first one.
Bell-Sleeve Chiffon Blouse – ★★★★☆ – Love this item! The fabric is so pretty and it drapes well when worn. It’s better quality than I expected; the only thing I dislike about it is the button at the back of the neck. This button was difficult to do and undo (but I tend to have difficulty with buttons when they’re in the back). It’s sheer, so I recommend wearing a camisole with it.
Ruffle Trim Blouse – ★★★☆☆ – This is a very stylish top, but the photos on the website are not accurate. The top I received had smaller ruffles than what is shown on the website stock photos. This isn’t a big deal though; it still looks fine when worn.
Besides my black tops, I also got some clothing pieces in other colors.
Strappy Ruffled Floral Top – ★★★☆☆ – This top is super cute but feels cheaply made. I thought it would be embroidered, but the white floral patterns are printed on. The fabric is very thin, but not see-through. I had to cut off a lot of loose threads.
Sheer Long-Sleeved Blouse + Camisole – ★★★★☆ – This set really impressed me! The quality is great, and both the camisole and the blouse fit me perfectly. The only complaint I have: there are three buttons on the back of the neck… I always have difficulty doing and undoing buttons at the back of the neck, so having 3 to deal with is frustrating for me (and I’m tempted to just… not button the back). If anyone has tips for doing these buttons efficiently, let me know! I have too many black shirts, but I’m tempted to get this in the black colorway as well…
Plaid A-Line Pinafore Dress – ★★★★☆ – This is the priciest item in my haul, but it was still less than $20. I wasn’t sure if Size S or Size M would fit me better, so I chose Medium to be safe. I’m glad I did! It has a loose fit when you first put it on, but you can tighten it around the waist with the attached buckles. There were a few loose threads, and the acrylic blend feels a bit itchy which is why I didn’t rate it 5 stars.
I also couldn’t resist adding a few accessories to my haul…
Faux Leather Heart Buckle Belt – ★★★☆☆ – This belt is super cute!! But the faux leather is… really faux. It feels almost like paper or cardboard. Definitely be gentle with this belt; I’m not sure how long it will last if you’re rough with it. The first photo in this post is a pic of me wearing the belt. It looks great when worn! I wish the quality was nicer, but for less than $5, I can’t complain.
925 Sterling Silver Non-matching Rhinestone Moon Dangle Earrings – ★★★☆☆ – These earrings are so cute! I wish they had metal backings though. The backings they came with are the clear plastic kind, that you sometimes find with hook earrings. They are difficult to put on and remove from stud earrings. The photos on the website are also inaccurate: the chain on the longer mismatched earring is longer in the photos than the one I received.
925 Sterling Silver Petal Hook Earrings – ★★★★☆ – These earrings are so pretty and elegant! I wish they came with backings, but it’s no big deal. I might use the backings on the other pair of earrings with this one, and then share my other stud backings with the mismatching earrings I got. Both sets of earrings are real sterling silver; I have sensitive ears and I didn’t have a reaction to either of these.
If you shop at YesStyle, let me know if you have any of these items!
If you’re going to shop now, check out their Limited Deals for great discounts. Use the code “3PEARLS” to get an additional discount off your entire order when you shop.